Just Dance

I love dance(dancing and the art in itself). Not that I'm a great dancer...I'm okay you know, as in I don't have two left feet. Tis a wonderful thing, is dance. In the words of Osibisa-

"Dance the body music,
Makes you feel so happy"
Can't sum it up better than that!
You know how that awesome song plays on the radio and you just sort of unconsciously start mouthing the words and swaying a bit and then you're all "Oops, public place" and you stop but your foot is still tapping??
:D
Zat eez ze magic of DANCE! Okay, music too. But, you know, shoe and sock relationship.
Personally the songs I can't resist are Flo Rida's "low" and "right round", "Rise up" by Yves Larock, "Shine on" by RIO, Pitbull's "I know you want me", Shakira...aaah many more!
Like at the gym, I'm doing some lame stretching and suddenly "Waka Waka" is playing and I'm hard put to stay still! It is sooo annoying not to be able to dance when you so so want to!!!

In the same way, dance movies too have an effect on me. I inevitably hum "Time of your life" for ages after watching "Dirty Dancing" while imagining that I'm gliding across the floor like Jennifer Grey did.
After watching "Step Up"or "Center Stage" or one of those random dance movies, sometimes I feel I could slip into their shows and miraculously become an awesome dancer!! :D Then, I could pop and lock and er... jam? Is that correct?? Not to mention glide and twirl and prance and whirl...ooh I feel a rhyme comin' on!
To glide and twirl
To twist and whirl
Swaying gracefully
Like a billowing silk
Like a melody waiting to happen
Like the trees that whisper in the wind
Oh, wouldn't it be loverly???
:P:P
What??
I'm no poet!
Never said I was, so don't look at me like that.
* crosses arms defensively *
Also, my er "poem" reminds me of that Audrey Hepburn song from My Fair Lady-"I could've danced all night". Now that's a pretty song. Makes me want to make like a ballerina and fly away. Sure, ballerinas look like they're going to sprout wings and fly off any minute, don't tell me you haven't noticed!! They're so graceful and not-klutzy. Sigh. I bet no ballerina walks with a hunch or waddles a bit.
Ahem. Never mind. :P
Okay, so 5 dance movies not to miss-
Dirty Dancing, Footloose, Center Stage, Step Up, um did I mention Dirty Dancing?? :P
I probably missed some stuff out, but who cares??
Dirty Dancing!!
Good Night, mi amigos!


posted under , |

4 comments:

VIDYA said...

What a shamelessly cheery post.
:D
And I thought I'd rubbed off on you. :P
Hehe kidding!Awesome one...it is rather loverly :D
oh and I love I could have danced all night too :)

Rachina Ahuja said...

yeah unusually cheery ainnit?? :P
n thanks :)

Anonymous said...

me like dance! me like dance! :D:D i like to break out in unusual places too! :)

Rachina Ahuja said...

i know, right?? stupid decorum and propriety :P

Newer Post Older Post Home