Life is a highway

Wow, it's been so long since I updated and I just have so much to say I don't know where or how to start.
Let me give it a shot.
So as my faithful fans (:P) probably know, I am in the Yoonited States on a semester abroad program and living alone for the first time. Firstly, can I just say how awesome it is to live alone???
Because it totally is.
You don't really grow as a person until you have to make it on your own. And boy, these past few months feel like they've been the most important of the 242 months of my life.

I have experienced-
The true form of education- through application and thinking for yourself.
(Although, I still fall asleep in class.)

I have discovered-
Mexican food and Japanese chicken teriyaki ;)
(I still can't stand most healthy food so this is probably not reeeally a good thing)

I have learned-
Not to be so judgmental and to just 'chill out'
(read as-not working hard but convincing myself to not freak over it)

I have changed-
My perspective on what's important in life and in a person(well okay, not so much, but I just feel like I'm seeing things differently)

I have never felt so free, so independent and so...well, me.
Because I am now on the path to self discovery (who knew there'd be something to discover?) and it holds surprises(sometimes shocks) around every corner. Whatever it is, it's certainly not a boring journey! And when I achieve self-actualization, it's going to be awesome B)
I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually glad I'm single right now and am not in the throes of a violent crush. What most people don't see and what I didn't (or more like ignored) is you can't love someone else if you don't learn to love yourself first. I mean really, give yourself time to figure out what you want to be, what you want to do, who you really are. You owe that much to yourself. Chase your dreams down, the wildest ones.(Or just you know, watch TV and eat popcorn.) Friends, boyfriends will come and go(hopefully not go), but this age, this time in life comes only once and we gotta make the most of it!!

Y'all get my point?

These are pearls of wisdom folks! So don't just say "Pooh, baloney" because this baloney is straight from the heart. You have to experience 'letting go' at least once in your life. Who gives a f*** about what people think?? You shouldn't!!

Dance like there's no tomorrow


Laugh loudly


Sing loudly(and badly)


Hug your friends like you're meeting after 20 years


Be bad sometimes :)


Cuss colorfully when you're pissed


You get the general idea!

Okay, lecture over.
Really

But you see how serious I am?? I mean, this is me! Writing sentimental stuff!!
Yikes, I better post this quick before I delete it.

Next update coming soon, no more corny stuff, I promise;)

Ciao!

posted under , , |

4 comments:

Sayonee said...

told ya living in a hostel/dorm is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! \m/ \m/ B) :D

Rachina Ahuja said...

i'm not in a dorm dude!! i'm on my own B)
lone free ranger

Anonymous said...

mehh...that only :P

Chirag said...

Let go and live in the moment. Be like water. My entire journey of self discovery was initiated because I had the fortune of going into the past and reading this. Wow. Much insight. So introspection. Such philosophies. Do you plan on going to Swzrlnd?

Older Post Home