Fairly Odd Tales

Er i sorta went on a Disney fairy tale movie-watching-spree the past couple of weeks...I know I know...dorky right? You're probably thinking "Gosh,how old are u??"
Fine, I am 19 but I do love me some Disney :D The man was a genius!
But all the fairy tales seem to have a formula...the same old thing in different packages....Here's what I noticed...

1)The princesses ALL sing!!
What's up with that?? And in really squeaky voices too...Take Snow White for example, I was near to tearing my hair out..."haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" *glass breaks*

2)The princesses also talk to and dance with animals.
Or in the case of the little mermaid, sea creatures.
In the REAL world, people who talk to animals usually only get eaten or pooped on for their loquaciousness. They DO NOT walk off into the sunset with a prince.

3) The prince's name doesn't really matter. It's true! In Cinderella the prince had no name! He was just "His Royal Highness, Our Noble Prince". A bit of a mouthful, dontcha think??
The same with Snow White and Beauty and the Beast....in fact, Belle calls him "Beast":| I really don't know how they managed the entire movie with the guy only being called "the prince" or "the beast" or "you" or "the master"...Jeesh!
Even the mention of Prince Eric and Prince Phillip has one going "huh who??" and when told "You know, Ariel's prince" or "Sleeping Beauty's prince" one goes ooohhh that guy!!
So basically, the ladies rule the fairy tales...Oh yeah!! :)






4)The prince has a convenient habit of running into the princess when she's a) dancing with/without animals, or b) singing with/without animals or c)both of the above and INSTANTLY falling in love with her.
Men.

5)The princess is always INCREDIBLY stupid. No, really. Consider...
Aurora goes and touches a large pointy thingy egged on by a mysterious and sinister voice.
Ariel makes a deal with Ursula, a sea-witch(witch!!) and expects her to play fair.
Snow White takes an apple from a scary elderly woman even though the dwarves told her to be careful and bite into it without the least suspicion of something wrong.
I'd like to see a smart-ass princess for once :D

6)Somehow, they get the songs exactly right. All of the disney movie tunes are classics. And they have this annoying way of getting stuck in your head for days after you watch the movie.
Believe me, took me a while to get rid of "Hi Ho hi ho..*whistle whistle* "

7) The dialogues and the song lyrics are essentially of the same stuff..."Dreams come true blah diddy blah... Once upon a dream...true love...blah blah...something more about dreams..." You get the point :P

8)Good triumphs over evil.
This part, of course I like. We're all suckers for happy endings, aren't we? :)

Now, don't get me wrong...I don't mean to go all "Bah, humbug" on y'all, I'm just writing down what I see now, at the age of nineteen as opposed to the age of...8? 12? whatever... But, you know what? In spite of the obvious flaws and gaping plot holes and unrealistic characters, I love these movies! The beauty and the beast almost made me cry, fancy that!!



And the little mermaid too...! I suppose it's because of the whole happy ending thing...I really am a sucker for that :P
Oh and I like the princes:D they're all cute and er.. princely:P

Not all of them, I dislike Cindy's and Snow White's princes...they were dorks...all they did was sing and dance. They weren't even there to rescue their princesses from dire situations/evil stepmothers.*Shakes head disapprovingly*
I suppose they can't all be perfect:P

My favourite is Prince Eric:) Also(how could I forget) Aladdin:D


And my favourite Princess is Ariel or maybe Jasmine or Belle...I can't decide:P

I'm too lazy now to find nice pictures to put here:P ;they are unbelievably hard to find...And would you believe some jerk has doctored a pic of prince eric with one of them thought bubbles reading "I'm a homo" ??
What is that huh??? Sick freak. :X

And the side-kicks are usually really funny...like gus-gus the mouse and sebastian and flounder and lumiere and cogsworth.....they crack me up!

So yeah, I guess i'm never really going to grow out of "Cartoons" as people so wrongly call them. i would prefer 'animated features' or something like that...They're not just "cartoons". Jeesh. Yeah back to the point, which is...I forget.
Crap.
But I love Disney!
And I hate Disney too...fairy tales indeed! Putting dashed silly notions into our heads in our tender years :P
But, mostly, I love Disney!!
Sorry y'all sleep deprivation has this effect on me. I'm going to stop before I bore myself to tears.
Adios Folks!


posted under , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home