Movie Madness

Movies are on my mind people and I had to type this while it's still fresh! :) Really, I've just been watching random stuff on TV. And it's fun! So, in the past week I've seen 3 movies which I liked pretty well and bits and pieces of other crap which isn't really worth mentioning. Seriously if any of you ever see The Island coming on TV, run. Okay? I know, it's Scarlett Johanssen but still.


Now on the other hand, Penelope is a pretty nice movie. Guys may not like it(chick flick alert) but I know girls will enjoy it. Don't we all love the handsome guy-falling-for-a-girl-purely-based-on-her-personality tripe? Er I mean very believable stuff(read tripe). ;) But James McAvoy guys! He's really climbing up the hot list....my hot list at least :P In fact, he's way up there, just under Ian Somerhalder. Sigh. He's got really blue eyes, like really blue :) James McAvoy, I mean. Must watch his other movies. (Note to self, start with Atonement.) So yeah, I liked Penelope, Christina Ricci was cute too and it was pretty funny in parts.

Oh, and I saw Godzilla on TV! A little late in the day, I know but still, I enjoyed it. Probably shouldn't have watched it at 1 in the morning though, it kinda creeped me out. I still liked it though. Jean Reno was so funny as the French Secret Service guy who chews gum because he thinks it makes him look american :| and loves to drink coffee :D Also, Matthew Broderick was cute too as 'the worm guy' who never really screams in front of the bad lizzies at any point in the movie, now that I come to think of it. Basically, I thought it was funny and kinda scary and gross at the same time so definitely worth a watch for us creature-movie-lovers.

Finally, I saw Avatar in the theatre in 3D. Amazing, really amazing vfx. I'm sure everyone's seen it and loved it but don't y'all think the story was a little blah? Same old guy insinuates himself into enemy society with intention to bring them down but changes his mind and turns 'good' or whatever and then the evil guys-with-guns attack and kill innocents so hero must win back his credibility and save the day after the intermission. Deja vu baby. And the flying creature thingy choosing it's rider is so Harry Potter meets Eragon. Also, what's up with the plugging the braid into creatures and trees and random stuff???Weird. Anyway the movie was still really good. It had so much visual appeal, and shiny glow-in-the-dark stuff :D Don't you just love the shiny glow-in-the-dark stuff??

More later,

Bye y'all

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home