Movie Madness pt.2


Okay, I'm still going through the movie phase so if you're bored don't read this ;)

Some Kind Of Wonderful




I just saw this, like right now, and I gotta say wow :) Exactly what I wanted to watch....The story is clichéd but does that count coz ya know it was made on 1987 so maybe it wasn't clichéd at that time? I really really liked this movie, daresay I shall love it soon..because that's how it started with The Breakfast Club.

When I saw it, I thought it was weird but funny and now two days later I'm convinced I love it? What is that?? It creeps up on you and grows on you. You know what? Unlike the teen movies of today, these movies actually have some heart, and some honesty. I know it sounds corny but it's true. Sigh. Find me a Keith Nelson somebody :P :P

Atonement made me want to cry and the only reason I didn't is because I could see which way it was going and I didn't get too involved in the story. Otherwise, that would have been me sitting in front of the telly, a huge pile of tissues next to me, bawling my eyes out.


.
Na, I'm kidding. Only one movie ever did make me cry like a baby and that was The Notebook. No, I don't know why. So yeah, it was a well-made movie and all that, but it made me go aaaaarghhhhh! Why why why does a supposedly 'good' movie have to be excessively depressing and kill off a couple of people for good measure?? And the oscars encourage this in the name of good cinema. Well guess what? People go to theatres to watch movies for ENTERTAINMENT. They.
Do.
Not.
Want.
To.
Cry.
They.
Do.
Not.
Want.
To.
Watch.
Their.
Favourite.
Actors.
DIE.
Dammit!
Okay, I'm okay now. I feel better. Really.

Sense and Sensibility, very nice movie. Watch instead of the other movies of the genre which all inexplicably seem to star Keira Knightley. Go figure. Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet are perfect for their parts and so is Alan Rickman surprisingly. Who knew Snape could clean up so nice eh? All gentlemanly and stuff! Hugh Grant just looks confused for most of the movie though he gets all the funny lines.
Some actors nowadays whose popularity I simply can't understand include Keira Knightley, Kristen Stewart, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie....but yes that is for another post.

Saw some other random stuff, not really worth discussing. An education, another really lovely oscar-nominated movie. Do watch it. Really. You'll only want to kill me later for suggesting it. :P

Good night y'all

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home