What a Cartoon!

Okay, this is completely out of the blue and I know I haven't posted in ages but I just have to say that I really really miss cartoons from the nineties!
Seriously, what have they done to cartoons these days?? They're just SO WEIRD. I stopped watching Cartoon Network when I saw they have shows called 'shamsher sikandar chaddie buddie' (!!!??) on. The only thing worth watching on it these days is the tom and jerry show.(You know, I can never ever get tired of that.) They don't even show The Looney Tunes! OrThe Flintstones or The Jetsons or The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab.....all the classic stuff we grew up on...
It makes me so sad to see CN these days, or whatever it is because as far as I'm concerned Cartoon Network is DEAD. SO much for 'The best place for cartoons'.

I miss it soo much. I even miss Swat Kats and The real adventures of Jonny Quest, which I only ever watched if I was really bored. (They're making a movie on Jonny Quest by the way, starring......drum roll.....Zac Efron!) And even all those miscellaneous Hanna Barbera cartoons which I never really liked at the time but kinda miss now because they can never EVER bring back the hanna barbera humor...come on....who didn't love the sound effects huh??? crash, bang, boom, ping, boingggg :D Yeah, you know what i'm talking about- Yogi Bear, Snagglepuss, Scooby Doo, Quick Draw McGraw, Atom Ant, Top Cat(oooh I liked Top Cat!),Secret Squirrel, even that weird cat and mouse cartoon where the cat calls the mice 'meece'...




I mean hello...LOL! Where have the laughs gone? Am I supposed to laugh watching Ben 10 or whatever shit they're showing these days???

I have these Boomerang collector cards and they're hilarious, there's this one card of Dick Dastardly and Muttley(remember Wacky Races guys??



It was sooo cool, also, I LOVED Muttley, you gotta love a dog that laughs like that and likes medals:D, I mean he had a whole routine for when he gets a medal! ) and it reads-

Name: Muttley
Species: Snickering Dog
Favourite Saying: "Heh-heh-heh-heh"
Hobby:Daydreaming

Now I don't know about you guys but that cracks me up!!

Also, does anyone remember Scooby Doo's All Star Laff-a-lympics?

That was fun too. I always supported The Yogi Yahooies. And what about The Addams Family? That was weird, although funny and I miss that too. There were so many, I can't even list em here, suffice to say I miss all of it.

Bring the REAL cartoons back!! (I know that is an oxymoron but y'all get the point.)
Maybe I should write posts on my favorites to honor them. Hmm.

Okay it's been pretty much established by now that I CANNOT end a post without babbling on the various perfections of my weirdo-hot-fictional character-crushes so can I just say that us Vampire Diaries fans get to see Damon in a tux next week?? :D I don't actually remember if he's ever worn a tux on the show before but whatever! Damon in a tux! :D Also, Stefan finally shows his grayer side...Elena is so stupid, why would anyone pick Stefan over Damon???
I suppose that whole Damon-not-caring-much-for-the-value-of-human-life-thing must get annoying but still. Stefan is a dork.

Anyway, gotta go, I said Chennai would win today's match and the jerks are losing! Off to cheer em,
More Later,
Tschuss!


posted under |

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya i miss cartoon network too...i actually went into depression once when they stopped airing it when i was a kid :D but then again i discovered nickelodeon.
oooh zac efron will be jonny quest? ooooh! golly..so perfect!!! and ya wacky races love them! you are a yogi yahooie?? me a scooby doobie :D and they rule!!!!!!!!! and what was that meece cartoon?? i vaguely seem to remember it. and i loved 2 stupid dogs...do u like 2 stupid dogs?? they were like....stupid!!! :P

Rachina Ahuja said...

yeah zac efron as jonny quest...the theme song was cool na? there was a cat and two 'meece' pixie and dixie i think...i like two stupid dogs, esp the big guy :D nick too became sad na :(( that's the prob!yogi yahooies!! but captain caveman is funny :P ooh and what about quick draw mcgraw? elll kabongg!

Anonymous said...

i never got jonny quest..but i liked it when they went into questworld :D (but still don't understand point and how come that bad guy surd can also access questworld?) oooh pixie n dixie with ze colourful bow ties!!! me remember! that had a lisping cat too right? :P ya...el kabong!!!! nver liked captain caveman..how come you don't remember blue falcon and dog wonder?? ya nick became sad too :(

Rachina Ahuja said...

yeah jonny quest was a lil weird...of course i remember blue falcon and dynomutt dog wonder, they were in the scooby doobies na.. i dunno whether the cat lisped...i thought the only lisping cat was sylvester..nick is worsttt now...ahh ze good ole days with rugrats and clarissa and kenan and kel and all that:P(pun intended):)

Newer Post Older Post Home